Version 2.1 differs from version 2.0 in the platforms that are supported and in functionality.
- the newest gnu compiler (2.95.2) on Sun, SGI, Linux and Windows.
- the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler, version 6.
- the mips CC compiler version 7.3 under Irix.
The following functionality has been added:
- Alpha shapes and weighted alpha shapes in 2D. Alpha shapes are a generalization of the convex hull of a point set.
- Arrangements in 2D. Arrangements are related to and based on planar maps. The major difference between the two is that curves are allowed to intersect in the case of arrangements.
- Extensions to triangulations in 2D. Constrained triangulations are now dynamic: they support insertions of new constraint as well as removal of existing constraints. There are also constrained Delaunay triangulations.
- Triangulations in 3D were added, both Delaunay triangulations and regular triangulations.
- Min_quadrilateral optimisations have been added. These are algorithms to compute the minimum enclosing rectangle/parallelogram (arbitrary orientation) and the minimum enclosing strip of a convex point set.
- 2d Point_set is a package for 2d range search operations, Delaunay triangulation, nearest neighbor queries. This package works only if LEDA is installed.
- Support for GeoWin visualization library. This also depends on LEDA.
- Support for using the CLN number type together with CGAL.