04 April 2014
- Additional supported platforms:
- The Apple Clang compiler version 5.0 is now supported on
OS X Mavericks.
- The Microsoft Windows Visual C++ compiler 2013 (VC12) is now
Triangulated Surface Mesh Segmentation (new package)
- This package implements the segmentation of triangulated surface meshes
based on the Shape Diameter Function (SDF). In addition, it also provides
functions to generate segmentations based on a user defined alternative
to the SDF.
- A new class
CGAL::Mpzf is introduced on some platforms
for exact ring operations. It is used to improve the speed of the
evaluation of predicates in degenerate situations.
2D and 3D Geometry Kernel
- Fix a bug introduced in CGAL 4.3 when computing the intersection
of two 3D triangles.
2D Polygon Partitioning
- Bug fix to make the partition algorithms working with a Lazy kernel such as
2D Regularized Boolean Set-Operations
- Fix two memory leaks in
Combinatorial Maps and Linear Cell Complex
null_dart_handle is no longer a static data member in
CombinatorialMap concept. This implies to move the
following methods of
other_extremity. We also
transform the static methods
Linear_cell_complex class into
non static methods. You can define the CGAL_CMAP_DEPRECATED macro to
keep the old behavior.
- Revise the API of polylines. In particular,
construction is now done using functors
and iteration is possible only on the segments of a
- Fix a bug in the Landmark point-location strategy.
2D Snap Rounding
- Add different overloads of the function
that inserts a range of points and segments, or a range of segments.
These functions uses the spatial sorting in order to speed
up the time needed for the insertion.
3D Periodic Triangulations
- Add a method to locate point with inexact predicates.
3D Alpha Shapes
- Add member functions in
CGAL::Alpha_shape_3 to give
access to the alpha status of edges and facets
- Add another filtration method
filtration_with_alpha_values()) that reports the
alpha value at which each face appears in the filtration.
3D Mesh Generation
- Fix the access to functions
- Change the internal API of the sliver perturber, to make possible
for developers to optimize another criterion than the (default)
minimal dihedral angle. Developers can also define a new
perturbation vector (for angles we had gradient of squared
circumradius, gradient of volume, gradient of minimal dihedral
angle, and random) which is better suitable to optimize their
- Improve the use of cache values in
(re)compute circumcenters and sliver criterion values only when
Triangulated Surface Mesh Simplification
- Fix a bug in the way edges can be marked as non-removable by adding
edge_is_constrained_map to the function
dD Spatial Searching
- Fix a documentation bug: The property map passed as template
parameter to the classes
must be a lvalue property map. To avoid incorrect usage, a static
assertion has been added in the CGAL code to prevent the user from
instantiating these classes with an incorrect property map type.
- Better description of the demo ipelets in the user manual
- New ipelet for pencils of circles
- New ipelet for hyperbolic geometry in Poincaré model
- The generator ipelet now generates point in a selected zone
- Hilbert sort ipelet implements two policies